Jan 17, 2007

And It Spread Like A Fire

(Matthew 13:33) Msg. "God's kingdom is like yeast that a woman works into the dough for dozens of loaves of barley bread—and waits while the dough rises."

Some times when I get up early in the mornings, I just like to sit and stare at the fireplace. I am mesmerized by the sound, the fragrance and the way the fire dances off the wood. It is amazing to me how a small fire can fill a room with radiance and even soothe my soul.

Before long I will hear the pitter-patter of feet from a room and soon one of our children will appear. No words will exchange, but they will climb up in my lap. They too have now been magically drawn into the beauty of the fire. We both sit and stare. It sings to us. All the room has remained silent as the fire performs her concert.

Christ came as a meek and lowly child. He mingled with us. Many were drawn to Him. Mesmerized by Him. Supernaturally drawn to Him. He did not come as some expected as a Mighty Warrior, not yet anyway.

A quiet revolution? No area of the earth will be untouched by His redemptive power.

In the end, He will rise again! In the twinkling of an eye.
(1 Cor15:52 )

Blessings
Connie

No comments: