Jan 15, 2007

And The Red Seas Parted

(Joshua 1:9) The Message "Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take."
(Revelation 3:7-8) "Write this to Philadelphia, to the Angel of the church. The Holy, the True—David's key in his hand, opening doors no one can lock, locking doors no one can open—speaks: I see what you've done. Now see what I've done. I've opened a door before you that no one can slam shut. You don't have much strength, I know that; you used what you had to keep my Word. You didn't deny me when times were rough. "

I always hear and I have even said it myself, "God will open doors" to the paths He directs me. I don't think that has ever been a problem. The problem comes in; do I have the courage to walk through the door?

What is behind the door? What am I afraid of? That is it, isn't it? Fear! Fear of the unknown.
Remember when Moses was running from Pharaoh? Moses finally ran until he reached the Rea Sea and he couldn't run anymore. God said, "Keep moving." Moses thought God has lost it. But you know, God is into this whole dramatic thing, that way there is no doubt who gets the glory. And you know the rest, the sea parted, and Moses and his people walked through. His door was opened. But what if he hadn't trusted God?

How many "what if's" are there in our own lives?

What are you going through right now in your own life? Divorce? Addiction? An illness that tries your faith? We all have our "Moses moment" that makes us pause at the open door. When I went through my divorce I felt too unworthy to be a disciple of God. Satan kept me in that bondage for many years. God left the door open until I was ready to pass through and receive His mercy.

The day I finally walked through the door, the seas parted and I was embraced by a Heavenly love from my Abba.

Are you afraid? What if someone rejects you?

Yea! After all, I wonder what Jesus thought?

What if they reject Him, the Son? Hmm!

Are you ready for your Red Sea to part?

Blessings
Connie

No comments: