Jan 11, 2007

Close the Mouths of your Lions

(Daniel 6:21) The Message "… said Daniel , ""My God sent His angel, who closed the mouths of the lions so that they would not hurt me."

Yesterday I ran into someone special. You might think this strange that I would say special but it was a special moment, as I will share. I ran into the wife (yes, they are still married) of the man that killed my best friend for the first time since Jayne's death 26 years ago. Years ago, this would have caused the fight or flight syndrome in me and I can tell you it would have been flight. I would have gone into a panic mode where my heart raced, my palms started sweating and I felt I couldn't breathe, because even the mention of his name caused that response. But yesterday when I saw her, we immediately knew each other. We had gone to school together.

One of my nurses asked me what I thought God was trying to tell me. At that time, I said I didn't know.

Last night as I told my husband about our meeting, he asked me what we talked about. I told him we talked about Jayne. He stood in awe that we could even go there. We also talked about Jayne's daughter and where she is in her life. She has kept up with Jayne's family. At no point during the conversation or at the point that I saw her did my heart even skip a beat.

Yes, I did wonder what God was saying to me.

This morning in my quiet time with the Lord, He revealed the answer to me.

Dear child, in your forgiveness, in your faithfulness, I give you the gift of closure…. I have "closed the mouths of lions so that they would not hurt you" any longer. (Dan 6:21)

Blessings

Connie

No comments: