Jan 24, 2007

Do The Storms Rock Your Boat?

(Luke 8:24) Msg "...and He fell asleep. A terrific storm came up suddenly on the lake. Water poured in, and they were about to capsize. They woke Jesus: "Master, Master, we're going to drown!"

We see the "Works of the Father" all around us. We witness Christ in the lives of others. We even experience, live and breath Him in our own lives. But when disaster hits, we panic. Yes, we think God has fallen asleep and forsaken us.

The disciples were use to Jesus working wonders all around them but when the time came to rescue them from their own disaster, they lost focus for a period of time. They began to rely on their own abilities.

"I can really do this on my own" and we do for a while… but then the boat begins to rock from the storm that come our way, the winds start to pick up, the waters begin to fill the boat and we finally cry out "Master, I am drowning--help me!"

It is then that I, just as the disciples did, pocket my pride and humble myself before my Lord.

It is then my Lord, rises and says, "Silence". It is there the storms obey. The winds die and the water ceases.

It is there that I can find rest.

Blessings….
Connie

No comments: