Jan 22, 2007

HALF BAKED

(John 12:25) - "In the same way, anyone who holds on to life just as it is destroys that life. But if you let it go, reckless in your love, you'll have it forever, real and eternal." (MSG)

My kids love brownies. That is their favorite dessert or "Momma's comfort food". Many times when I am fixing them up a batch the kids will harass me, "how much longer" or "Oh, come on, we know they are done, let us have them now." On occasions I have succumb to their cries.

In doing so, the brownies have usually turned out to be not quite fully baked, gooey and not really fit to eat. Even putting them back into the oven doesn't work well. I should have been patient and left the brownies in the oven.

I think we are a lot like that in our Christian faith. We start pleading with God to help us in a situation. We don't want to wait or walk through a situation. We want results NOW. "Come on Father, please, now." And you know what, I "think" sometimes our Abba will grant our wish. Why? I think it's an important lesson He may want us to see so that in the bigger situations or in the next batch, we might be willing to wait with our Abba. We don't want another gooey batch in our life.

Next time when asking for the comfort food of our Abba, wait for the fully baked.

Blessings……...
Connie

No comments: