Jan 18, 2007

The Second Birth

"Neither death, nor life . . . nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38 -39)

The other day I was sharing the birth of my son with him. I told him how at the moment he was born the doctor handed him over to me and I held onto him embracing him for the first time. I looked into his eyes and felt an immediate love so incredibly special. It was just like that when my daughter was born. The love was so overwhelming it cannot be put into words (I believe that when we are left speechless, it is a Heavenly experience). Tears flowed from my eyes, as my love spilled forth.

I love my children no matter how wonderful or how bad they are. They are my babies and I love them totally, 100% unconditionally.

When we enter into the Kingdom of God through Christ Jesus (the second birth--Jn3:3), He embraces us with a love so incredible, as well as unconditional, unlimited and complete, that nothing can separate us from this perfect love.

There may be times we don't feel worthy of that love, but that is within us not God. That is Satan trying to rob us of the only fight he has left. (Jn 10:10)

Isn't it comforting to know that we too have Someone that will share our hopes and dreams and still love us through our faults and shortcomings?

Our Abba wants the best for us and nothing will ever separate us from that love.

Have you experienced the second birth?

Blessings
Connie

No comments: