Jan 29, 2007

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

(Psalm 4:8) "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. "

When I was but a young baby, I was born calm, responsive to those that brought me into the world and cared for me. I sought affection and in return gave it, I was loyal, I was friendly and I loved unconditionally.

As I grew, I never expected the world to be any different. But it was. It challenged my foundation. And I began to learn to protect my heart and myself.

Can you relate? Because some of us made it, some of us didn't. We all have different masks that protect the real us. Heaven forbid someone would know what was behind the mask. What would they think? They might see that we are scared, lonely and weak.

And then one day, we begin to forget who we really are. We have lived behind the mask for so long. "Who am I?" Something in our life happens and God allows it. It threatens to reveal the truth behind the mask. To expose us. We can only run for so long.


The creature (aka the mask) has begun to expect too much from us, more than we can give. We have grown weary. We have nursed this creature late into the night and its hour has come. We have leaned on its beauty and strength, but in its moment it broke. We have gone to the stream so that it may refresh us, but it has all dried up. All its goodness has gone. Its purpose has come and disappeared into the night.
Like a roaring lion that never sleeps, seeking to devour its prey, ruling his kingdom, his time has come and his time has gone. He's full and now looks to fine rest.

It's time to let our Abba show you life without your mask. Without the Creature. Without the Lion.

As the Lion sleeps tonight.

Find rest in your Abba…..

Connie

No comments: