Feb 2, 2007

Are You A Lighthouse?

"Jesus said, " I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)

I love lighthouses. There is something very special about them. As a child, growing up around the ocean, I was enamored by the stories of lighthouses and how they helped guide the sailors and their ships through treacherous waters to safety.

I have a very dear friend that is a lighthouse to me. Several years ago, his beaming light shown in my life, giving me a path to follow where I would experiences God's grace, love and mercy as never before.

When we are in troubled waters, we can experience peace, strength, and guidance in knowing that God is there, wanting to show us the way. When we see a lighthouse beacon cast its wide circle of light, it can remind us of God's radiant love that surrounds us and embraces us. God invites us into the light that leads to everlasting life.

As Christians, we can be a lighthouse to those traveling through troubled waters.

Thanks Bruce,,,,, for being that lighthouse to me....on many occasions....

Connie

No comments: