Feb 1, 2007

A Shallow Life

"....do all for the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31)

For someone who has led a pretty turbulent life, I tend to become uneasy when there is a sense of silence in my life. Whether it is spiritual or just life in general. And in that silence I find myself seeking God more than ever, as if looking for my child that has been quiet for too long. It appears as if my life has become too shallow when I am only going through the daily "humdrums" of life.

But it occurred to me that we can't tread the deep waters all the time or we would become worn out spiritually and physically.

To be shallow at times is not a sign of weakness---and does not indicate we do not have depth within our souls.

Even the Ocean has a shore....

And it is on that shore, the shallow part of a wide vast of beauty, that I sometimes walk for endless hours, where my Abba speaks His most intimate Words to me.

Blessings
Connie

No comments: