Feb 15, 2007

Held in A Mighty Storm


(Psalm 93:4) "Mightier than the thunder of the greater waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea---the Lord on high is mighty."

As I look at life now, it isn't easy. It is downright hard, unbearable at times. Some days I wonder how I can make one foot go in front of the other. I'm sure we all have those times, when God walks us through a mighty storm!?!

When I was young, I loved to sit on the rocks by the ocean in the Florida Key's close to a place where I grew up and embrace God's creation. Some of my fondest memories were watching the waves crash down on the rocks as the storms were brewing out in the horizon.

The sea would begin to boil over as the sky turned black. The winds were relentless. And I would feel the sting against my face as the water mist rode with the winds. It was absolutely wonderful and terrifying at the same time.

As I tried to make it back home, I remember thinking I was a mighty small figure in the big force of nature. I felt like the winds could pick me up and carry me away at any time. Looking back it was pretty awesome to know that the Lord held me tightly in His hands.

Many of us experiences these storms at some time during our life. You may be experiencing a storm in your life right now. You, too, may feel like the circumstances may pick you up and carry you away at any given moment.

But isn't it wonderful to know that you are held tightly in the hands of God?

Such a small figure... And such a mighty God!!

Blessings
Connie

No comments: