Feb 8, 2007

Boy Are You Gonna Be In Time-Out!

(Galatians 2:21) "I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

I am so frustrated. I can't do anything right. I give up. I don't know why God even bothers with me.

Do you ever feel this way? I sure do lately.

I was sharing with my friend, Brian some time ago about how discouraged I was over some issues in my life and how I didn't feel like I was living up to God's expectations. He then said to me, "What!! A Christian who fails? Say it ain't so; you should be reported to the Highest Authority; you wait until I tell Peter and Moses, boy are you gonna be in "Time-out."

I had to laugh. He was right. And praised God for those men and women of the Bible that had true hearts for God, that they were just like me, just like us, and carried human tendencies. But God honored their passion not perfection.

Daily, I have to remind myself that I cannot do this on my own and that I do need Jesus after all; otherwise, as in Galations, Christ would have died for nothing.

And as another one of my friends, Bruce says, "It's not perfection, it's direction" that really matters.

Blessings
Connie

No comments: