Feb 5, 2007

Is There A Great Storm Brewing?

(Psalm 23:5) Msg. "You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing."

The one thing I remember about growing up at the beach was the storms. I would wonder where all the creatures would hide during these storms. I wondered what they thought during the storms. I'm sure that they took shelter and protected their young. Isn't that our nature?

After the storms, it was always exciting to me to walk the beach because the ocean would leave behind a banquet of surprises for the birds and creatures living around the sea. I would watch the birds fly down and grab a delicacy of new food left after the storm. Crabs would grab its meal of a jellyfish that had washed ashore and scurry back into its hole. All of God's creatures were living out of this feast.

In the same sense, I too have experienced storms in my life. I have been left torn apart by these storms, part of my life thrown all over the place. And I wondered why. What good could come of this? But it was out of these storms that the greatest riches were left behind to feed me for a lifetime, for it is in that brokenness that continues to lead me to Christ each and every day. Here is where I seek shelter. And I now feast only on His Word.

Just as with Noah, after this biggest storm in history, he had a new beginning. We too can have a new beginning. If a storm has come into your life, you can feast on the reminiscence of the storm and find your shelter in Christ.

Let each day be a new beginning. And feast on His Word.

Is there a great storm brewing?

Connie

No comments: